Dance Knight

Dance Knight
First dance show at Lynn University

Monday, February 7, 2011

Dance Time

Hey Everyone!

              My name is Bianca and I am a sophomore drama major at Lynn University. I have enrolled in a coursed called "The Blogosphere Identity"; in this course, we are not only the impact self-expression has on our community but also we are learning how to create a blog. Our assignment is to come up with a goal and blog about our statues (and achievement, hopefully) within the next few months.

             I have never made a blog before, so this whole experience is brand-spankin' new to me. First things first though; I had to come up with a goal.

             Since I'm putting together a huge dance show in April called DANCE KNIGHT, my professor and I thought it would be interesting to blog about the whole process of putting together a show!

"Dance Knight” was created to showcase the talent of young dancers from around South Florida while sharing an appreciation for this visual art form. It is our goal to bring together these different cultures and create a bond of mutual respect for music and movement. Dancers both on and off-campus have been invited to perform, choreograph or simply partake in this amazing night.

             I will be choreographing and great deal of the performances, teaching them to the different groups and taking care of all the "behind the scenes" work (with a great deal of help from my friends). It's a lot of hard work but I know we can pull it off!

              So over the course of these next few months, I will be blogging about our progress (and of course provide sneak-peeks) in the making of the show. In addition, I will be looking for advice on different dances you all would like to see and get some feed-back on routines I've already choreographed.

:) I'll see you on the dance floor!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures along the sides of the blog! Also, the time and place of the dance show! I like how you're not focusing on just one type of dancing. Great job and keep it going!

Bianca said...

Thank you Katie! This whole blogging process is slowly becoming easier as we keep doing it. I really enjoy your blog as well. Random question, do you know any line dances?